Meet Karen Blankschaen – 2022 Inductee into the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame

Class of 1982 alum has multiple volunteer efforts

Sarah Blakemore, Contributor

When you think of the qualities of a model citizen, many of those may fit Mentor alum Karen Blankschaen. Blankschaen has taken a prominent role in our community with the amount of service she does, from volunteering at the Lake Humane Society to the American Heart Association – Karen is always in the community helping someone.

Karen graduated from Mentor High School as part of the Class of 1982. Ever since she was young she had a desire to help people. Her first volunteering experience was as a Girl Scout. Karen did not stop there, though – she has been in several organizations and groups to help people (and animals). For example, every month she hands out food for Heart 2 Hands and she even helps with the Mentor Alumni Association. The list does not even stop there with her also being involved with the Lake Humane Society, American Heart Association, Santa’s Hideaway, and so much more. Karen also is a huge Miami Dolphins fan and she also helps with Miami Dolphin organizations, too!

Karen has always believed in volunteering and giving back to her community. Karen says, “helping others brings a sense of worth to my life that I find nowhere else.” Congratulations on her induction into the MHS Alumni Hall of Fame.