The Annual “Mr. MHS” Competition This Friday!

See which of our senior guys will be crowned Mr. MHS this year.

Mr. MHS 2021 Talent Portion — Getting Wrapped in Toilet Paper

Evelyn Megery, Editor

Mr. MHS is back this year!  On Friday, February 10th, watch our senior guys compete to win a talent competition at 7 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center. This is definitely a show you won’t want to miss! To get in, all you need is 5 canned food items or $5, and the all of the proceeds will be donated to the Feed Lake County food drive.

This event began back in 2015 when Student Government President Trevor Pugh came up with the idea of having some sort of talent show. Without taking the spotlight from the talent show held in the fall, the club decided to make this competition about the senior guys which, as you can imagine, makes the show packed with comedy and dramatized theatrics.

” The thing that makes it so enjoyable is that the guys aren’t in it to win,” wrote Mr. Butler, the Student Government advisor. “They really are focused on just having a good time. This is one of those culminating events of their high school career.”

2021 Mr. MHS Senior Guys after singing Billy Joel’s “Piano Man”

One senior guy is selected to compete from each club and sport. From football to marching band to theatre, each of them are trying to win the Mr. MHS award.   There are three rounds to this competition that the guys participate in, but the judges cut a handful of them after every round. They must prove to the crowd that they have the smoothest catwalk, the most impressive talent, and the most persuasive answers to the discussion questions.

“We highly encourage people to come and watch as it is not only funny,” Mr. Butler told Cardinal Nation, “but some of the talent acts are really impressive. One year we had a student paint a portrait in two minutes and we have had several very talented musical acts over the years.”

Student Government President Anna English and Vice President Adriana Valerio will be hosting this event, so get ready to watch the hilarious, action-packed show starring the guys from the Class of 2023 this Friday!