Meet Craig D. Sundstrom – 2022 Inductee into the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame

Sundstrom has worked in government and on behalf of the environment

Sarah Blakemore, Contributor

Craig D. Sundstrom graduated from Mentor High School in the class of 2003. Since then, he has graduated from Marietta College earning a B.A. in political science, after which he moved on to Oklahoma City University School of Law.

Throughout college, Mr. Sundstrom decided to help tutor elementary students, helping those affected by a 2004 flood. He was also a member of the Campus Union board.

After college, Mr. Sundstrom decided to center his career around sustainable energy. He moved to Washington D.C. where he worked for Congressman David Cicilline (R-RI) as a Legislative Fellow. During his time working in D.C., Mr. Sundstrom moved up the ranks and eventually became Senior Legislative Associate for the National Governors Association. In this position, he wrote letters to Congress, crafted policies, advised members of the U.S. Supreme Court, and much more.

Mr. Sundstrom eventually decided to move back to Oklahoma to work for various places such as the Office of the Secretary of Energy and Environment where he was the Director of Stakeholder Engagement and Counsel and he also worked for the Oklahoma Secretary of Energy and Environment.

After holding careers in Oklahoma, Mr. Sundstrom decided to move back home to Ohio. In Ohio, he worked as the Government and Regulatory Affairs for Apex Clean Energy, and later he worked for RWE Renewable Americas in the same position. Now, Mr. Sundstrom works as the Senior Manager for the Energy and Environmental Public Policy for Amazon Web Services.

Other than having an exceptional career focusing on the environment, Mr. Sundstorm has been on the Board of Directors of the Mid-Atlantic Renewable Energy Coalition, has been a Council Member for the City of Hartville,  and much more.

Overall, Mr. Sundstrom’s commitment to his career in changing the environment shows that he is an exceptional Alum of Mentor High School and has therefore earned induction into the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame.