Meet Lawrence Clement – 2022 Inductee into the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame

Lawrence Clement has dedicated a great deal of time towards community service

Sarah Blakemore, Contributor

Lawrence Clement has dedicated time to helping our local community, earning him a spot in the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame.

Lawrence Clement graduated from Mentor High School in 1962. After high school, Lawrence decided to work with General Motors. Besides General Motors, Lawrence has spent the majority of his life giving back to his community in various ways.

Throughout the years, Lawrence has coached Youth Football, Co-Chaired St. Bede’s Bingo, Chaired the Headlands 4th of July parade, has been selected to be Grand Marshall for the Headlands 4th of July parade, and has done much more.

In 1997, Lawrence joined the Elks Lodge #18. The Elks Lodge is a club to “promote and practice the four cardinal virtues of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity.” In the Elks Lodge, Mr. Clement rose through the ranks and has had almost all ranks in #18, earning him several awards such as the Officer of the Year, Lodge Elk of the Year, and Outstanding Service Commendation. Mr. Clement has also held all chair positions in the Northeastern districts and has already been inducted into the Ohio Elks State Association Hall of Fame.

Along with being a remarkable member of Elks Lodge #18, Lawrence can be found volunteering as a Jolly Ole Elf at various places such as the AMVETS, Elks, Headlands Community Center, and many more places.

Mr. Clement’s exceptional service to his community has been honored by multiple awards throughout his life. One of these awards is most notably the Lifetime Achievement Award for Volunteerism given to him by former president, Donald Trump. Lawrence Clement’s continuous work and dedication to his community has earned him a spot in the Mentor High School Alumni Hall of Fame.